What health means to me
Hi, I'm Courtney a 24 year old fitness trainer from Northampton. Being healthy means being happy. I know it’s a cliche but when I feel happiest it’s when I’m comfortable in my own skin, I’m confident in what I wear and how I feel. Exercise releases endorphins that also increase my ‘feel good’ mood too. Healthy foods also make you feel fuller, more energetic and less sluggish and I try consider this when fuelling my body with the right foods.
I’m not perfect, but I feel like I’ve found a healthy balance between enjoying foods I love, socialising and drinking with friends, all while maintaining a healthy balanced diet & exercise.
My 5 Health Tips
1. Drink plenty of water, 10 benefits listed on one of my posts
2. Be active. Go for a walk, play a sport, try yoga, home workouts... anything at all!
3. Balance, if you deprive yourself of all things you love, it’s hard to maintain without ending in a binge and undoing your hard work. I love chocolate and so I allow myself a square a day or a couple of chocolate buttons.
4. Counting macros, personally this works for me because I can eat a flexible diet while losing or maintaining my weight and I don’t feel bored of the foods I’m eating and my meals can be super tasty.
5. Each day is a fresh start, just because you have a bad day for food or exercise on a Wednesday, don’t write off the rest of the week. Start again Thursday and give yourself small goals to achieve during the day or week that are attainable.
Written by @_courtney_o_