If you’re after a delicious, nutritious, homemade sweet treat, look no further for we have you covered!
The 2 key ingredients to our scrumptious recipe are dark chocolate and desiccated coconut. Packed with health benefits and simply moorish. Desiccated coconut is a brilliant source of healthy fat, this fragrant and flavourful ingredient also contain fibre, copper and selenium, which is a mineral that aids the body in producing enzymes which boost our immune systems. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants and is known for improving blood flow and reducing blood pressure. So why not replace your milk chocolate for dark and add a couple of squares in here and there.
I think it is time to get making…
Spirulina & Blueberry Bounty Bars
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 handful blueberries (smashed)
- 1 tsp Super U spirulina
- Using a bain-marie, melt your chocolate.
- Carefully spoon the melted chocolate into your moulds, tilt the mould to ensure each whole is completely covered with chocolate (if you are struggling to spread the chocolate evenly, use the back of a spoon to move the chocolate around). Save 1/3 of the chocolate for later.
- Place the mould in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together the coconut, coconut oil, honey, blueberries and spirulina.
- Take the mould out of the freezer, carefully press the coconut mixture into the moulds and smooth out the surface.
- Spread the remaining chocolate over the coconut to complete the form of your healthy bounty bar.
- Place in the freezer to set, around 20 minutes.
- Pop your bars out of the mould and enjoy! (store in an airtight container in the fridge).
Courtesy Of Charlotte Lindsay
I am a food and fashion stylist who is super passionate about all things health. If I’m not boxing or doing barre classes, you’ll find me baking up nutritious and delicious recipes!